Location: Onsite, Bradenton, FL
Pay Rate: $125k, depending on experience
Hours: 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri
Type: Direct Hire
CINDER is looking to change the community’s understanding of how a staffing company operates. Our purpose is to humanize the staffing process by connecting awesome people and providing them with the skills and tools they need to succeed in whichever job they find. We believe happy employees inspire commitment and community.
About Cinder‘s Client
Our client, based in Bradenton, FL is accepting proposals for a Broadcast Engineer to provide technical consulting services related to NextGen TV (ATSC 3.0) security. Security, in this context, includes cryptographic signing of signaling tables and encryption of audio and video.
- Support the deployment of NextGenTV security:
- Interface directly with station personnel and 3rd party services providers
- Assist in implementation/configuration and verification of security components
- Verify station configuration and device interoperability through the use of packet captures remodulated in the lab
- Train key personnel (including train-the-trainer) as necessary
- Refine and create new implementation/configuration and verification documentation
- Refine and maintain Broadcast technical specification documents
- Maintain a library of test streams
- Create and/or update test streams
- Verify security implementation on TVs and peripheral devices
- Install and configure new hardware and/or software
- Coordinate interop, proof-of-concepts, demos and station on-boarding.
- Assist as necessary in the back-end provisioning of new security components.
- Working knowledge of broadcast media distribution, including encoding and decoding
- Linux/Unix scripting
- Familiarity with virtual machines (VMWare ESXI preferred)
- Thorough understanding of IP networking (TCP, UDP, Multicast)
- Basic understanding of Public Key Infrastructures (X509 digital certificates)
- Experience with Agile DevOps process and tools (JIRA and Confluence preferred)
- Familiarity with ATSC 3.0 Next Generation TV standards
- Experience with
- DASH (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP)
- Media encoders
- Relevant professional tools:
- Triveni StreamScope, Sencore ARD 3000, Airwavz TVXplorer
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas.