Location: Arlington, VA
Amazon is looking for an outstanding Business Intelligence Engineer to join the AWS EC2 BI team. This is your opportunity to be a core part of the team that has direct impact on the day-to-day decision making in the EC2 team. Today, Amazon EC2 enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure. Amazon EC2 redefines the economics and physics of computing, reducing the time to build a datacenter to minutes. Customers around the world use Amazon EC2 to rapidly scale capacity up and down as their computing requirements change. But there are many additional services and offerings that will make Amazon EC2 an even better customer experience and platform for our customers. We are changing the way people use computers and the EC2 team is at the core of pushing the future of our technology platform – come help us make history!
As a BI engineer on this team, you will get the exciting opportunity to work on very large data sets in one of the world’s largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You will work closely with the business and technical teams in analysis on many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative-problem solving to deliver actionable output. Our team is serious about great design and redefining best practices with a cloud-based approach to scalability and automation. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing solutions to support analytical and reporting needs.
- Design and implement reporting solutions enabling stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
- Conduct ad hoc data analysis and data quality investigations.
- Implement training and documentation solutions that enable business stakeholders to get the most out of our self-serve reporting tools.
- Develop and support the analytical technologies that give our customers timely, flexible and structured access to their data.
- Design and implement an analytical environment using third-party and in-house reporting tools, modeling metadata, building reports and dashboards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, and solid years of relevant experience.
- Experience with and detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures.
- 2+ years experience with relational and star schema data modelling concepts with a solid knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience in large IT project delivery for BI oriented projects.
- Experience working with very large data warehousing environment
- Experience in designing and delivering cross functional custom reporting solutions.
- Prefer 5+ years of experience
- Experience with Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) databases – Redshift (preferred), Teradata
- Experience with an enterprise class BI tool like MicroStrategy(preferred), Business Objects
- Experience with reporting tools – Tableau (preferred), OBIEE
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Strong analytical skills
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.