Location: Arlington, VA (Hybrid)
Corporate Area: Technology and Operations
Department: Cybersecurity and Networking
Supervisor Title: Director of Networking and Cybersecurity
Time Commitment: 40 hours/week, June 2023 – August 2023
Compensation: $15/hour for undergraduate students, $17/hour for graduate students
Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) is the most trusted, valued, and supported media in America.
PBS is a membership organization that, in partnership with its member stations, serves the American public with programming and services of the highest quality, using media to educate, inspire, entertain, and express the diversity of perspectives.
PBS empowers individuals to achieve their potential and strengthens the social, democratic, and cultural health of the U.S. Here is your opportunity to make a difference, by joining the PBS team and helping us enhance how we deliver our mission. We are looking for a Cybersecurity and Networking Intern who delivers quality results, takes ownership of this space, and work proactively.
The Cybersecurity and Networking Intern will work with our Networking / Cybersecurity Engineers and Analysts to research, document, administer, troubleshoot, evaluate, test, and provide reports for various Cybersecurity and Networking activities.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Intern will cover administrative and analyst tasks, documentation, troubleshooting
- Understand the mission and values of PBS
- Research and provide documentation on requisite Cybersecurity and Networking tasks
- Use Cybersecurity and Networking tools and applications troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Wiliness to understudy Cybersecurity and Networking Engineers and Analysts to learn and deploy tasks using desired software applications
Requirements for success:
- Undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Interested persons with professional Cybersecurity and/or Networking certifications – CompTIA Security+, CySA, Net+; CCNA, MCP, or other similar certifications
- Interest in Cybersecurity and Networking
- Ability to collaborate and work with others on a project
- Ability to research, document, and provide concise reports
- Critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Ability to communicate Cybersecurity and Networking concepts to laypersons
- Eagerness to develop, grow, and maintain inter-team relationships across the business to aid in the accomplishment of the PBS mission
Skills the Intern may gain:
- IT troubleshooting and problem-solving;
- Network administration
- Cybersecurity analysis
- Cybersecurity and Networking concepts, topologies, configuration
- Managing Networking devices – Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Etc.;
- Using Cybersecurity tools for application deployments