Location: Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Segmint offers career-changing experiences with tremendous opportunities for advancement. Segmint has a casual dress code and is within walking distance of a number of restaurants and cultural activities. We have a work hard, play hard mentality with an entrepreneurial, creative, challenging, interactive, team-oriented, and gratifying culture.
We are always seeking talented contributors. If you don’t see a position that meets your skill set, we are still interested in receiving your resume.
Segmint empowers financial institutions and financial technology providers to easily understand and leverage data, interact with customers, and measure results. Derived from billions of transactions, Segmint provides the fastest and most accurate customer insights through advanced data tagging, categorization, and contextualization. Our insights enable all functions of an organization to inform strategies including competitive analysis, risk, marketing, customer experience, and product innovation.
The Data Engineer is responsible for the development and maintenance of Segmint’s data analytics platform and data warehouse solutions. Duties include developing, deploying, and monitoring database-centric data ingestion and analytics processes relating to anonymized banking analytics in a multi-tenant, SOC2-compliant, distributed computing environment, at scale. Also responsible for analyzing, cleansing, mapping, and integrating new, outside data models to the solution regularly.
- S3, Lambda, etc.
- D3.js, matplotlib, etc.
- 2+ years in data warehouse development, ETL, data pipelines, or database administration
- Experience with data modeling and scaling for large data sets (1 TB+)
- Professional, team-based, agile software development with software development lifecycle
- Object-oriented or functional application development w/ API integration
- DevOps with Amazon Web Services cloud-based infrastructure products
- Experience with data visualization or business intelligence tools
- Data preparation for data science, feature encoding/engineering, natural language processing
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available; employer HSA contribution
- 401K with employer matching program
- PTO benefit