Location: Richmond, VA
“Our Company provides a state of predictability which allows brokers and agents to act with confidence.”
Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation has grown from a small investment management firm into one of the largest commercial lines property and casualty insurers in the United States.
Along the way, we’ve been listed on the New York Stock Exchange, seen our revenue soar well past $7 billion, and become a well-respected Fortune 500 Company.
Today, the Berkley brand comprises 53 Berkley companies worldwide. Still managed by our Executive Chairman, founder and largest shareholder, W. R. Berkley Corporation is well-positioned to respond to opportunities for future growth.
In April 2017, W. R. Berkley Corporation celebrated the 50th anniversary of its founding.
We are seeking data professional who will be a part of a team that’s building data and analytical tools and frameworks to exploit advantages from the latest developments in technology, data engineering, and data science. As a WRBC Data Engineer – Analyst you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within our diverse portfolio of insurance companies in the US and internationally.
- Collaborate with and across business and technical teams to design, develop, test, and implement data and analytic solutions that enhance our underwriting, claims, and operational processes through the application of predictive modeling, data engineering and data management
- Facilitate the refinement and execution of the roadmap and vision for information delivery and management; including the enterprise data platforms, BI & analytics, and data management
- Lead teams to deliver the solutions that fulfill the Business information needs and align with the information vision and strategy
- Apply business strategy while driving technology strategy, balancing short term and long term needs to ensure that the architecture can scale and evolve according
- Engage an end-to-end approach by connecting all the pieces of data to deliver the data while leveraging all available assets
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures to ensure schedule attainment, product development process adherence, and performance and budget targets are met
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery/ dataOps.
- Work with a team of subject matter experts, data scientists and data analysts to identify ways to transform operational processes, enhance data assets, and manage organizational change as we implement solutions that leverage data and analytics in new ways
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities.
- Collaborate with insurance product managers, and deliver robust solutions that help protect millions of businesses and workers through our diverse portfolio of insurance products.
- Some travel may be required. (< 25%)
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related experience
- 2+ years of experience leading technically oriented project teams in complex business environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, and data management
- Strong analytic skills
- Creative problem solving
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Experience working in cloud based data platforms including analytic platform migrations to cloud.
- Commercial P&C insurance knowledge
- Scrum or related certification