Location: Ashburn, VA; Basking Ridge, NJ; Greenwood Village, CO; Irving, TX; San Jose, CA; Lone Tree, CO; Dallas, TX
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
Verizon Small Business provides services and platforms that enable small-medium business to succeed. Our core offerings include actionable live web insights, application/developer platform, real-time traffic tracking and analytics, recommendation, provisioning management, subscription/billing management, merchant solution, domain management, web hosting, business email and local listing.
These are some of the important functions that allow the business owner to gain insights and take action to grow their business. And more, you get to work on the most advanced and interesting technology with no limit.
- Plan, design, develop, code and test software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products; revise and refine as required.
- Participate in development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- Conceptualize and develop prototypes quickly in working with Product and Architect.
- Maintain and improve existing code with a pride of ownership.
You are self-driven with experience in design and implementation of complex and distributed systems, particularly in building high-performance backend and/or frontend framework. You have a passion for seeking engineering excellence and adopting new technologies. You are not afraid to drive for success by working with cross-functional teams. You have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, design patterns, and UNIX/Linux environments.
- Proficiency in server-side client technologies including Java or C++.
- Experience in NodeJS, Java EE/Spring Framework preferred.
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment processes.
- Proficiency in JSON and XML, regular expressions, and version control.
- Exposure to AWS architecture, concepts, and tools.