Location: Remote in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We are a scaleup, now expanded into North America. At DesAcc we are committed to providing a mutually respectful work environment. We believe diversity and equal employment opportunities among our teammates are critical to our success as a global business. We provide a collaborative work environment and seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented professionals from a diverse candidate pool across the globe.
At DesAcc everyone is an owner, bringing their unique perspective to our team and products. Your voice is important, and we take having a culture based on feedback seriously. We openly share our thoughts to keep decisions decentralized and ensure all team members contribute. You will learn, grow, and be celebrated for your hard work and great attitude!
About our Product – B2B:
WE ARE DATAVORES
We love data. Our goal is simple: to enable healthcare data access and action at scale and be recognised as a world leader in driving access and use of quantitative healthcare data to inspire cures. Bringing together healthcare organisations, hospitals and providers we add our expertise and passion for unlocking medical information to help healthcare professionals improve medical decisions and outcomes.
Healthcare Data Technician (SQL)
We are looking for team players to join our existing Professional Services Team who have an ability to work to project plans, timelines, independently and with other team members to deliver data migration projects on time and to the satisfaction of our clients.
You will get support and assistance from everyone at DesAcc and will be working with a DesAcc Data Migration Engineers to learn the skills needed to become a Junior Migration Engineer.
- You will be responsible for configuring and testing access to client sites and performing various connectivity tests on either DesAcc provided or client infrastructure.
- You will Install, configure, and monitor DesAcc’s migration software applications starting with pre-project assessments and the development of migration plans through to validation/verification and will be, implementing and overseeing multiple data migrations worldwide.
- You will work directly with a DesAcc Data Migration Specialist and clients: on scheduled client calls, provide status reports and answer questions and work to build a picture of the data lifecycle.
- You will handle large datasets in flat file and/or databases regularly.
- You will provide input to software developers for improving the product, fixing errors and adding functionality.
- You will be responsible for maintaining/working databases such as SQL and Oracle, file systems and storage protocols such as CIFS, and NFS.
- You will need to assist in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- A few years of work experience post IT apprenticeship in an IT environment or equivalent
- Knowledge of data and associated data structures
- Working knowledge of databases – SQL/Oracle
- Experience working with LAN and WLAN environments
- Experience with Wireshark
- Basic level networking skill, understanding of protocols such as TCP/IP, SMTP and SNMP
- Knowledge or understanding of hardware and virtualisation technologies Ability to work well with all people; including Project Managers, IT Staff and Data Migration specialists but also a self-starter who can show initiative and work autonomously when required.
- Ability to document project updates using DesAcc’s chosen tools to create and update project documentation.
- Ability to work occasional out of hours to support customer Go-lives.
This role is for you if your previous roles have been in IT Support/Application support/database administration or as a PACS/RIS support.
This role won’t be a fit if:
- You are only looking to work solely to a script and don’t want to participate in improvement initiatives and innovation. If you struggle when faced with something unexpected.
- Your work is best when a manager is always providing the next steps.
- Your career path is focused on Software development.
The DesAcc Team
DesAcc, headquartered in the UK, has expanded into North America. We are looking for a team player who will be involved in a wide variety of data migration projects around the world. The job includes diverse activities and requires cleverness and the ability to focus and troubleshoot challenges of both scale and complexity.
Paid Holiday entitlement – 15 holidays + general holidays (FT)
Health & Wellness days – 10 days per year (FT)
Health Benefits (no waiting period) – (FT)
Laptop and monitor(s) (other equipment to support this as required)
Professional Development Stipend
Paid social events
Remote with occasional meetings in the UK or in the Toronto office.