JOB TITLE: Instructional Designer I
STATUS OF POSITION: Full-time, Exempt
SUMMARY: All applicants MUST have experience developing and designing technical course content for the Department of Defense. The Instructional Designer I is responsible for conducting required analyses and designing training materials for a variety of delivery methods including instructor-led, computer-based, web-based and mobile training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Use established methodologies in all stages of the instructional design process, including needs assessment, analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Assist with conducting analyses.
- Design engaging training materials for a variety of delivery methods, including instructor-led, computer-based, web-based, and mobile training.
- Develop training products using computer-based training (CBT) authoring systems.
- Work with Graphic Artists, Programmers, and Subject Matter Experts in the development of interactive multimedia courseware.
- Research and identify data sources for instructional material development and additional information needed for instructor and participant materials.
- Design interactive training materials that include sound instructional design methodology, appropriate training strategies, and participant activities for small and large groups.
- Develop test items.
- Scale design efforts to meet production timelines and targeted levels of interactivity.
- Keep abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods and techniques.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None at the current time
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Education, I/O Psychology, and Instructional Design) and 0-2 years of direct ISD experience.
- Experience with authoring tools and related software for the purpose of producing multimedia training packages.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- A current Secret Security Clearance is preferred.
- DoD (Department of Defense) industry experience.
Carley Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.