Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada (on site)
At Neo, we’re reimagining everyday financial services from the ground up and shaping the financial future for millions of people in Canada. We’re a tech company consistently pushing for the next best thing, which provides many opportunities to grow and learn personally and professionally. Ready to materialize your passion into a connected purpose? Come join a high-speed startup in a community of high-achieving dreamers and doers, set on innovating the best solutions.
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time Junior Developer to join our team in Calgary, AB as a Jr. member of the Engineering team, you’ll be able to grow your skills and knowledge while lending a hand on a diverse set of technology projects.
A great Junior Developer at Neo has a love for programming and a love for their craft. Join us and be in an environment where you’ll have support, challenges, and opportunities to work on meaningful code and modern tech. This is an opportunity to find your niche and for motivated individuals to earn a bigger role on the team through learning fast, achievement, and plain old hard work.
Our engineering team casts a wide net of problem solvers and self-starters, who are all energized by fast-paced work and can adjust their footing swiftly on any given day. Make your mark with transformative products and technologies, alongside some of Canada’s most successful developers and tech minds.
- Help build Neo’s applications, including building front-end React components, GraphQL APIs, and Node.JS services
- Participate in every stage of development including the technical planning, testing and deployment of your own work
- Do your best work at a place where we treat development as a team sport; others rely on you to be focused and to get things done, but you can rely on others too
- Be an active learner, keeping track of things you need to learn and making sure you ask questions, research topics, and read up.
- Always want to understand the Why
- Work collaboratively with our Design, Product, and Infrastructure teams and think about the big picture and the whole user experience
- Show you like to roll up your sleeves and take on odd startup jobs; participate in the development community or volunteer to help other teams or initiatives at Neo
- Graduates of technical schools, bootcamps, colleges, or universities with related experience in internships, courses or class projects, or possibly part-time or full-time experience
- Fluency with at least one programming language, ability to solve programming problems and create solutions through writing code
- Familiarity with cloud and internet basics; you’ve deployed something online before and want to dig in even further
- Comfortable with common development tools like using Git and Github, command-line tools and the command shell for Linux or Mac
- Knowledge of the current tech ecosystem, state of the art, trends and announcements, what’s popular and why it’s popular
- Willingness to learn new tech, a new tech stack, new programming languages and take on new areas beyond your background
- Full-time team members (not considering part-time or internships for this role). Check out our true internship roles on our website!
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and must live locally (or be willing to relocate themselves to Calgary)
What will help you succeed:
- Be a high-achiever who wants to show you’re the best and that you can learn and do anything
- All those classes and assignments you’ve done haven’t been forgotten; you’ve not only earned the degree but can remember the theory and knowledge from those books and lectures
- Bring a positive attitude and genuine desire to not just do a job but achieve excellence by creating a product that is beloved by millions
- Stay organized and detail-oriented; you will need to make complex plans and execute them with discipline and due attention
- Keep your eyes on where your career can go next, most Junior Developers get promoted faster at Neo, but it takes work
- Be a team player who wants to make friends and relationships, who brings others up when they’re struggling, and who earns trust
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian’s life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Benefits of working at Neo:
Flexible Compensation Scenarios – the ability to choose your base salary and equity combination
Meaningful Equity – employees are owners. When the company succeeds, you do too
Extended Health Benefits – comprehensive health and dental coverage that starts on day one
Wellness Benefits – complimentary access to Headspace and FitOn Pro subscriptions
Paid Maternity & Parental Leave – company top-up and 100% benefits coverage while you’re away
Modern Office Space – our newly renovated headquarters in Calgary and Winnipeg is prime for collaboration and innovation
Learning Events – all-company huddles, product demo days, guest speakers, and more
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.