Location: Boca Raton, FL; Brooklyn, NY; Cambridge, MA; Denver, CO; Lanham, MD; Tempe, AZ
edX is looking for a Paid Digital Media Specialist to join our Growth Marketing team and play a critical role as the paid acquisition lead within a dynamic, mission-driven organization.
This person will be operating on the front lines of our digital marketing team and supporting the growth of our online courses business by directly managing media strategy, execution, and analysis for a complex portfolio of campaigns with substantial budgets. This role will also have significant ownership of creative testing, media innovation, and automation strategy.
The ideal candidate has a highly analytical mind, hands-on experience in paid search, as well as experience managing other ad channels like paid social and affiliate, and is motivated to learn and grow as edX’s business expands.
- Manages day-to-day execution and performance of paid search marketing against profitability targets for edX’s online courses business
- Uses critical thinking, data analysis, and platform expertise to troubleshoot issues and generate actionable plans to optimize full-funnel volume and cost efficiency
- Proactively identifies opportunities for audience, geography, and channel expansion
- Performs ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Develops hypotheses and execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI for paid search, and other paid channels
- Works collaboratively with marketing stakeholders and analysts to optimize performance goals and prioritize work according to business impact
- Collaborates with in-house analysts and strategy leaders to build and maintain campaign reporting, analysis, and communication of performance, including forecasting
- Continually works on and owns cross-functional strategic projects as designated by the leadership
- Responsible for moving the business forward through innovative tactics in account segmentation, account automation, bid optimization, keyword expansion, and/or copywriting
- Serves as a knowledgeable resource for platform capabilities, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Stays up-to-date on industry best practices for paid digital media and applies them where appropriate
- Supports in the research, strategy and organization of any new course or program launches on edX
- Ability to identify process inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvement
- 3+ years paid search advertising experience, either at an agency, in-house, or other search technology platform.
- Deep understanding of Google Ads strategies, keyword bidding, and best practices.
- 3+ years paid social-media advertising experience, preferably on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate data analysis and data-driven approach to media buying.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Self-motivated & ability to work autonomously
- Attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Strong business writing skills and ability to produce high quality documents
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly influencing and listening skills
- Ability to stay current on marketing trends, new opportunities, and industry changes
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.