Location: Chicago, IL
At the root of great products and great design is deep understanding. That’s where dscout comes in. Companies that care about experiences rely on our products, services, and expertise to make accessing human insight easily and broadly accessible. We are building a smart and driven team, and we would love for you to join us.
- Collaborate closely with engineers and product managers as part of a cross-functional development team to deliver delightful, high-quality experiences for users.
- Design end-to-end web and mobile experiences.
- Understand product requirements and present multiple paths forward.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders across the organization.
- Collaborate with our UX research team and conduct evaluative UX research with users.
- Understand the voice of the customer, and leverage research to make well-informed product decisions.
- Use the dscout design system and leverage existing patterns in your designs.
- Adhere to dscout’s design principles.
- 2+ years of product design experience.
- You have a keen awareness of existing patterns and a bias toward leveraging familiarity over novelty.
- Your work is crisp, thorough, and exemplifies gestalt principles.
- Your portfolio shows a robust process highlighting iterative and lateral thinking.
- You’re a great communicator, team player, and thrive on collaboration.
- You have a basic understanding of the front-end and back-end technologies that power your ideas.
- Experience working with common industry software (We use Figma, Miro, Jira, Google Workspace, dscout, and have access to a host of additional tools).
- Experience designing for a SaaS-based product company and a research interest is a plus.
- We do our best to write realistic, accurate job descriptions, but we also recognize that great talent comes in many forms and from many backgrounds. Not sure if you meet all of the above bullets? Please apply anyway!
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
- A strong compensation package with a bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to helping build your future.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company. And open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. Keep learning and sharpening your skills.
- A beautiful workspace along the Chicago Riverwalk, that is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in and working from there. Read more about our new office space here!
Note: As a result of COVID-19, the dscout team has decided to work remotely for the time being. However, we are now interviewing, hiring, and onboarding remotely for all open roles! While our office is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in, no current or future employees will be required to come back into our office at this time.