We are currently seeking a talented Product Support Engineer in Columbus, Ohio, to join our busy Product Support Team. You will be part of a young and exciting company that is recognized as a market leader in the SaaS space with our Industry Cloud for Life Sciences.
As a member of the Product Support team you will be charged with supporting our customers, as well as internal stakeholders, such as our Consulting and Sales Engineering teams. You will work closely with Development and QA teams to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve complex issues. The successful candidate will need to learn and adapt quickly, be persistent and demonstrate “out of the box” thinking.
This is a full-time Monday-Friday job with rotational on call responsibilities for evening coverage. (Note: for this role, we are unable to sponsor F1 or H1-B visas at this time).
Three female and two male colleagues work around a laptop at a conference table.
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you – on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office – it’s up to you.
Veeva was recently named the #1 Best Place to Work in Central Ohio by Columbus Business First.
- Provide global support covering all issues related to Veeva Vault and integrations with Veeva CRM and Salesforce.com
- Learn everything about our software and use that knowledge to ensure client success
- Support the client administrators across multiple organizations
- Troubleshoot critical production issues affecting end-users, including system unavailability and data integrity issues
- Handle inquiries regarding all technical issues, information requests on application capabilities, navigation, installation or configuration
- Provide coordinated support for getting new releases and configuration changes into production
- Gather information for analysis, carry out the necessary research, setup test environments, replicate issues locally and propose resolutions or workarounds
- Be a client facing representative of the Development and Product teams
- Document new processes and keep existing documentation and tools up to date as the environment changes
- Interface with engineering, product management and professional services when necessary
- Attend daily meetings and provide status updates
- A self-motivated, self-described techy, eager to learn new software. We look at any and all prior experience, even unofficial. Have you designed a personal website? Built a mobile App for a friend’s company? Tell us about it!
- Computer or Software administration / development
- Knowledge of SQL database / ability to write queries
- Understanding of HTML, XML, JSON
- Experience building / working with Mobile Apps, iOS or Windows
- Ability to diagnose and use industry standard tools and techniques to assure the application performs to client expectations
- Experience working with CRM Software
- The confidence, communication and interpersonal skills to lead customers, from technical personnel to C-level executives, in urgent or critical situations
- Experience in cloud / hosted software environment
- Experience in a Software Support role
- Experience working in small team/start up environment
- Experience working with development or in a DevOps role
- The desire to learn new soft and technical skills and to coach, mentor and train peers throughout the organization
- Exposure to Object oriented programming, basic web programming concepts
- Knowledge of Java to be able to review and troubleshoot code
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Discounted gym membership