Location: Arlington, VA
Corporate Area: Technology and Operations
Department: Cybersecurity and Project Management
Supervisor Title: Director, Program Management
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours/week, June 2023 – August 2023
Compensation: $15/hour for undergraduate students, $17/hour for graduate students
The Technology and Operations Program Management Office (PMO) provide a framework to establish a standardized project management process, governance, and structure to support project implementation. This includes helping project teams set key performance indicators to project success, providing the tools and procedures to achieve this, and manage adherence to T&O and PBS’s goals and objectives. The Program Management Intern will work with PMO to support Technology and Operations initiatives and assist Project Managers in schedule and risk management utilizing tools to create and implement a Program Management Plan (PMP), analyze complex project-related issues and assist in developing resolutions for assigned projects.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Assist PMO Director in creation and maintenance of Program Management Plan, revamping/updating the PMO SharePoint site and assisting project managers with project review and management. Work alongside PMO Director in day-to-day activities and ad hoc tasks.
Requirements for success:
- College or graduate student currently enrolled in a program with a focus of program/project management or management in technology and/or public administration.
- A strong interest in Project Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills to actively listen and communicate in way that foster trust and show flexibility.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in O365 with experience using Excel, Word, project management applications and be comfortable working in virtual environments.
Skills the Intern may gain:
The candidate will have the opportunity to work on real-world assignments, networking with PBS stakeholders. He/she will also gain an understanding of project management, creating and management project documentation, Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC and Project Management Development LifeCycle (PMLC).
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.