Location: Ontario, Canada
We are looking for a visionary team player to help, innovate, and work collaboratively to boost the Banks’s modelling and risk analytics platforms’ capabilities.
The incumbent will have at least 3 years of progressive application development experience with a versatile range of technologies and must thrive on challenge,
They must be proactive and dynamic and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn.
Supports a team of IT professionals and is responsible for full-stack development, platform design, systems analysis, and support of our risk modeling and data-science business partners.
- Analyzing, designing, and developing applications
- You will apply your skills in software application testing, integration, and implementation
- Effectively communicate with peer engineers, business analysts, and risk modeling teams to analyse problems and deliver effective solutions Willing to take challenge, and facing highly complex, multi-faceted problems
- Participate in the platform design, development pattern design and implementation process
- Provide business support to all units, including new and existing solutions, adhoc queries and user training, and designing and implementing systems enhancements.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the division’s business strategies and policies, risk modeling practices and methodologies, data science offerings, regulatory requirements, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
- Prefer latest experience in Python, serverless frameworks, and data science tools/frameworks
- Strong in other different development technologies (e.g. Python 3, Pytest, Java 7 and up, JUnit, MVC, RDBMS, NoSQL, Redis, RESTful API, Kafka, MinIO, Kubernetes, Cloud-Native functions, Apache Airflow)
- Expertise in troubleshooting and analyzing issues in Unix/Linux environment
- Systems & process knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) & Project Management
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment, and familiar with Agile development practice, i.e., Automated Testing, Test Driven Development, CI/CD
- Experienced with solution design/requirement analysis for mid-large size projects
- Experience with latest automated build/integration/testing tools: e.g. Maven, Bamboo, Artifactory, GitHub, Jenkins, Jira
- Background or work experience in risk Modelling / Data Science is nice to have.
- Experience in Cloud or Kubernetes computing will be a very valuable member to the team.