Location: Minneapolis, MN
You will work on applications supporting Automated Clearing House (ACH) and Check transactions. The application suite includes different product offerings including web applications, analytics, and reporting, risk and fraud detection, Application Programming Interfaces. The suite also includes multiple easy-to-use transaction and information services that conveniently integrate with all Federal Reserve Financial Services and offer a variety of access and connectivity options. You will use a software engineering-focused approach and knowledge of programming languages to develop, configure, test, and maintain software applications. We ask that you have an in-depth understanding of software development, deployment, and test automation principles. Be a resource for less experienced staff. You will report to the Application Delivery Service Manager.
This position requires that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy. To provide for the health and safety of its employees and support the Bank’s mission to the greatest extent possible, the Bank decided to adopt this requirement after careful review of public health information, workforce data, employee feedback, and the Federal Reserve System’s pandemic recovery plans. The Bank requires all employees to be vaccinated fully against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
As an employee of the Atlanta Fed, you will help support our mission of promoting the stability and efficiency of the U.S. economy and financial system. Your work will affect the economy of the Southeast, the United States, and the world. The work we do here is important, and how we do it is just as important as what we do. We live our values of integrity, excellence, and respect every day. We do the right thing, we do things right, and we treat people right. A career at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta gives you the chance to do work that touches lives and helps communities prosper.
- Apply software engineering principles to design and maintain software applications supporting different business functionalities.
- Plan, perform and track work related to systems development and deployment.
- Resolve complex system problems in a team setting, including evaluation of options to determine solutions.
- Design and implement solutions and architectural design patterns requiring complex technologies in an enterprise environment across multiple platforms.
- Perform peer reviews using software engineering principles, patterns, and development guidelines.
- Partner with customers in the development of innovative solutions.
- Analyze business and technical requirements and implement technical solutions to meet them.
- Design or adapt frameworks and best practices established for us and consistent with industry standards
- Provide technical leadership in the modernization of legacy systems.
- Practice DevSecOps principles and build end-to-end automation solutions.
- Work in an agile environment, delivering continuous improvements, and efficiencies.
- Communicate complex technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Provide on-call support, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, incident management, and service request management for supported products and environments.
- Associates degree or combination of education and work-related experience
- 6 + years experience in software development
- Java/Java EE application development
- Spring framework technologies
- Developing Microservices and REST API’s
- Automated Testing and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Angular front-end applications
- Oracle and PL/SQL development
- IDE’s (Eclipse, Visual Studio), GIT, Maven, CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GitLab)
- Secure coding practices and tools for SAST and DAST
- JMS (preferred IBM MQ)
- Application Servers (preferred IBM WebSphere)
- AWS cloud-native services and deployments
- API gateways
- Working remotely may be considered
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully-funded pension plan
- Paid vacation and holidays; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training, and conferences
- RPO staff members applying for RPO jobs denoting a primary site other than the staff member’s current employing Bank, when the current employing Bank in Atlanta, to include Minneapolis staff members, Kansas City or Dallas, will remain employees of their current employing Bank regardless of managerial and/or staff preference and current management/team employment and physical location. Exceptions must be approved by the SLT.