Location: New York, NY (base) but also open to candidates in Los Angeles, CA; Seattle, WA; Washington, DC; Toronto, ON
At Amazon, we put our customers first in everything we do. This includes the advertising solutions we create to connect brands, businesses, and agencies with their customers globally and at scale. The Advertising User Experience (AUX) team is seeking a teammate with exceptional behavioral research skills and creativity to work collaboratively with product management, UX design, data science, and engineering through all aspects of the product development life-cycle. In this role, you will have significant impact on the tools and processes that advertisers use to build, manage, and leverage creative assets in our flagship advertising products by developing data-driven insights to inspire product changes that push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Prior experience with advertising technology is not a prerequisite for this role, but obsessing over the customer certainly is one. We are part of a strategic and well-funded area of growth for Amazon, which is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily, and we’re breaking fresh ground to create advertising solutions to support this growth. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team, building truly unique and innovative solutions, with a relentless focus on customers, then you’ve come to the right place.
- Work with product managers, UX designers, and engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to balance speed with experimental rigor when determining which research methods to apply during each phase of product development.
- Confidently communicate research insights and opportunities for improvement to a diverse audience of stakeholders (across multiple levels of management) using clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Contribute to strategic planning and roadmaps with cross-functional leadership to set the vision for our flagship advertising products.
- 2+ years of work experience in an applied research setting and/or product development.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and research deliverables that resulted in product and/or business impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.