Location: Seattle, WA
Alexa is the ground-breaking, cloud-based intelligent assistant that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. The Alexa Trust team focuses on building Alexa experiences that provide meaningful and positive impacts on individuals and society.
We are seeking a UX Researcher to drive insights that inform strategies for making Alexa more inclusive for all of our customers. You will own and define creative research strategies to understand and address the needs of all of our customers regardless of language, background, abilities, or economic means. You will define inclusivity measures to monitor progress and are excited by the opportunity to translate uncertainty and ambiguity into creative research methodologies that generate actionable recommendations. Your insights will ensure that Alexa experiences delight everyone.
In this role, you will meet with stakeholders to understand our research goals, and develop methodologies that can provide insight into potentially ambiguous or previously unexplored spaces. You will work closely with Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists and other Researchers in Amazon to help them understand how unintended design focus and human limitations may impact the satisfaction our customers’ of different backgrounds experience when using our services. You will present your insights to senior leadership and contribute to initiatives that improve the experience for customers.
- Create a deep understanding of defined customer cohorts through primary field research, behavioral analysis, and/or secondary research.
- Work closely with product, design and data science teams to communicate insights, and to align research findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Drive impact, as measured by changes to the product design and development roadmap.
- Act as a representative within a larger Alexa user researcher community. Inspire other researchers to aspire to greater awareness and integration of inclusivity aspects in all studies.
- Continually learn, grow and improve the craft of UX research.
- BA/BS in experimental psychology, cognitive science, human computer interaction or related discipline.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience conducting UX research in an applied setting.
- Experience with research process and research methods (e.g., surveys, personas, lab studies, diary studies, and other methods).
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
- Working knowledge of behavioral statistics and the principles of experimental design.
- A portfolio demonstrating past work experience, deliverables, and extraction of actionable insights from qualitative data.
- MA/MS in experimental psychology, human computer interaction, anthropology, or related discipline.
- Strong command of quantitative, behavioral analysis, and statistics.
- Applied research experience on critical issues of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in a global context.
- Research experience with remote participants, e.g., via video conference.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience from working in a fast paced software development environment.
- Creativity and positive energy to drive and inspire the team.