Want to ace your upcoming data science or analytics job interview?
Learn from Nick Singh, author of the best-selling book “Ace the Data Science Interview” and founder of SQL interview platform DataLemur. Get tips on how to solve SQL, statistics, ML, and case study interview questions asked by FAANG and Wall Street. He’ll also share the contrarian job-hunting tips that led him to work at Facebook, Google, and a ML startup.
- Nick Singh talks about his book, “Ace the Data Science Interview,” and the free SQL interview platform, DataLemur, which has gained popularity among 56,000 users.
- Nick emphasizes the importance of a strong project portfolio in job interviews, sharing his experience tailoring his portfolio to different companies.
- When discussing past projects in interviews, use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) method to explain them clearly and concisely. This helps you remember key details and ensures you address all important aspects of the project.
- Data science interviews often cover various topics, including probability, statistics, SQL, coding, and machine learning. Studying and preparing for these common interview topics is important, but you don’t need to be an expert in the latest advanced techniques. Understanding foundational concepts and being able to explain them is crucial.
- Open-ended case studies are common in interviews and require clarifying the problem, aligning the answer to the business, and mentioning tradeoffs.
The views and opinions expressed in this video are those of the presenter and do not necessarily represent the view of edX or its parent company 2U, Inc.