ANLC (Alumni Next Level Contest) is a virtual pitch event featuring alumni that have completed a boot camp with edX at a U.S. or Canadian university. Individuals and groups apply to pitch their go-to-market products to a panel of industry judges, gain visibility and feedback, and compete with their peers for prizes and exposure.
In this session, our 2023 winner, Jaspreet Khela, walks through his winning project and discusses the benefits of pursuing a side project post-boot camp.
1. ANLC Champion Jaspreet Khela, along with his colleagues, created a flight delay prediction web application. AI and advanced machine capabilities are useful when predicting flight delays and contributes to avoiding unnecessary stress that passengers may experience.
2. The flight delay prediction application includes flight and weather data, along with data exploration and analysis.
3. By using the application, users can predict whether or not their upcoming flight (within the week) will be delayed or cancelled. This allows passengers to plan ahead and make alternative flight arrangements if necessary.
4. The value introduced by the creators of the application results in decreasing flight disruptions, which mainly includes saving time and money.
5. The target market for the application is 4.5 billion passengers, which is roughly an 850 billion dollar market.
The views and opinions expressed in this video are those of the presenter and do not necessarily represent the view of edX or its parent company 2U, Inc.